Sunday, February 19, 2006

No YouTube For You!

Could NBC Universal's crackdown on YouTube possibly have anything to do with this week's Entertainment Weekly article "Fight Night"?

While discussing the merits of SNL's new digital direction, the article states,

Designed to be CC'ed to your entire office (courtesy of sites like youtube.com), SNL's Digital Shorts have been consistently goofy, ridiculous, and usually funny...
I am sure NBC got to preview the article. And I am also sure someone at NBC said, "Who the hell is youtube.com and why are they showing our videos?".

I find the timing to be more than coincidental.

Interesting note, I received a comment that the video clips on NBC.com are not accessible for users of Mac or Linux systems. If NBC.com's videos do not work for you, send me a comment.

No comments: