Monday, March 27, 2006

God Bless America!

From the "Proud To Be An American" files...

The Gateway Grizzlies, a minor league baseball team from Sauget, Ill, has created what it is literally calling "Baseball's Best Burger".

The meaty monstrosity consists of a hamburger topped with sharp cheddar cheese, two slices of bacon and a bun made of a Krispy Kreme doughnut.

The "Baseball's Best Burger" sandwich weighs in at about 1,000 calories, contains an artery-busting 45 grams of fat, and costs a very reasonable $4.50. For comparison, a Big Mac has only 560 calories and 30 grams of fat.

I am sure we will be hearing more about this hamburger during the coming months. Perhaps McDonalds will license it? At the very least, I am sure the writers over on The Simpsons will animate it in a future episode. I can hear Homer now, "Mmmmm.... Bacon doughnut burger."

4 comments:

MattyP said...

I'm seriously contemplating a road trip downstate to enjoy one of these.

Dolf said...

You'll have to wait... The burger is not set to debut until May 31st, which is the team's home opener.

MattyP said...

Then again, I suppose I could stop at Krispy Kreme and Burger King on my home and make my own.

Your American Idol posts scare me, but co-workers who watch the show are big fans of yours.

Dolf said...

There's nothing to be scared of MattyP. Join us! Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.