Saturday, March 25, 2006

Live's Version of "I Walk the Line"

Check out a clip of Live's version of "I Walk the Line" and see if you think Chris Daughtry ripped it off as some people are saying. Post a comment and let me know what you think.

Listen to Live's "I Walk the Line" in Windows Media format (0:30)

Watch Chris Daughtry's "I Walk the Line" (He's at the 1:00 mark)

If for some reason you don't have Windows Media Player (is it even possible to remove this software from your computer?!), check out Awake: The Best of Live on Amazon.com and listen to clips of the song in several other formats.

FYI: And no that's not a picture of Chris Daughtry, but Ed Kowalczyk, the lead singer of Live. Hmmmm... The copycat theorists might be on to something...

4 comments:

Greg said...

Rip off!!!!!!!!

rob said...

Whether he based on Live's version or not, I doubt Chris interntionally meant to "steal" anything. The previous week he mentioned several times that his rendition of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" was influenced by the Red Hot Chili Peppers version.

Dolf said...

Rob, that's true... It is very possible that they just may have edited his comments out. It will be interesting to see if they address it on Tuesday. The "story" was on the local Fox19 news this morning!

Ellie said...

I'd just like to point out that I watch the show in the UK and Chris mentioned here that he was doing the 'Live' version of Walk The Line. Based on his comments, I bought the 'Live' version from ITunes. I can only assume it was edited out in the US for some reason!