Tuesday, April 11, 2006

American Idol Preview, What to Watch

American Idol Preview

Here is the lineup for tonight's edition of American Idol. And yes, someone is singing "Bohemian Rhapsody". Is it who I expected? Definitely not! I can not believe the surviving members of Queen are letting Kellie Pickler butcher sing this classic song. Pickler's rendition of "Rhapsody" has the potential to be one of the greatest massacres in human history! I can't wait to see it...

I thought for sure that Bucky would get "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", but Taylor is singing it instead. I am somewhat disappointed here. "Crazy" would have been a perfect song for Bucky's limited range, and I am sure he has heard Dwight Yoakam's countrified version a million times. Conversely, I was hoping that Taylor would pick a more challenging song from the Queen catalog. Yet another "safe" choice for Taylor.

Ace Young - "We Will Rock You"
Bucky Covington - "Fat Bottomed Girls"
Chris Daughtry - "Innuendo"
Elliott Yamin - "Somebody to Love"
Katharine McPhee - "Who Wants to Live Forever"
Kellie Pickler - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Paris Bennett - "The Show Must Go On"
Taylor Hicks - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

What to Watch - All New

American Idol at 8:00pm on Fox

Scrubs at 9:00pm on NBC

House at 9:00pm on Fox

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Two words for tonight's show: TRAIN WRECK... However, I have to admit I can't look away. I haven't been this excited since the Barbra Streisand/Don Johnson collaboration.

Dolf said...

Out of all of "trains" performing tonight, I think the "Pickler Express" is going to cause the biggest wreck!

Rob said...

Wow - have to say that practically every choice is either ho-hum (Taylor) or a disaster in the making (Ace) with the exception of Katherine doing "Who Wants To Live Forever". That's a very soaring vocal and she's got the pipes to pull it off. Her downfall could be the lack of emotion she puts into most of her performances, esepcially the Aguilera number she sang a couple of weeks ago.

I'm predicting the none-too-soon downfall of Ace.

Mike Basler said...

Bucky did a good job of picking a song he could do country-style. Ace kinda sucked, but it didn't help that Queen arrogantly refused to let him arrange the song. Kellie did better than I expected. Chris sang his heart out on a really lame song, when he absolutely should have done either "Hammer to Fall" or "Another One Bites the Dust." Katharine sounds kinda shrill when she goes to the top of her range, and I hate her demeanor (but damn, is she good-looking). Elliot has great chops but a bland tone. Taylor did his usual bouncy performing thing with lively vocals, but it was disappointing to me nonetheless that he didn't try something challenging. Paris is an extremely talented performer whom I can't stand.

Why, oh why, couldn't Kevin Covais have been kept on? He would have been spectacular doing "We Are the Champions"!!!!!!