Tuesday, May 16, 2006

American Idol 5/16 Song List & Preview

Tonight on American Idol, the Idols sing a song of their choice, a song chosen by the judges and a song chosen by legendary music producer, Clive Davis.

Here is the unconfirmed set list for tonight's American Idol:

Taylor

"You are so Beautiful" by Joe Cocker (Randy's Pick)
"Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen (Clive's Pick)
"Try A Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding (Taylor's Pick)

Elliot

"What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell (Paula's Pick)
"Open Arms" by Journey (Clive's Pick)
"The Sun is Going to Shine Again" by Ray Charles (Elliot's Pick)

Katherine

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland (Simon's Pick)
"I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly (Clive's Pick)
"Man I Feel Like A Woman" by Shania Twain (Katherine's Pick)

I think it is going to be a very good night. I have a sneaking suspicion that Elliot is really going to come through. Taylor should hit at least one or two home runs. Based on last week's poor performances, I think this could be the end of the road for Katherine unless she nails each and every song.

8 comments:

Basler, Michael said...

oh god, please don't have katharine sing that shania twain song. she'll ham it up so much that my tv will explode.

Anonymous said...

This blog should be renamed the "THE I WISH I WAS ON AMERICAN IDOL ZONE". Come on, D!!!! Snap out of it! Give me something I can't (and don't) read on any fucking page that pops up on the internet these days! The show sucks after the preliminary rounds! The producers know it and they just stumbled onto something when the American public actually stayed with the show once all the imbeciles were eliminated. I opine knowing I'm in the not so vast minority on the subject. But when a show like "Sons & Daughters" gets cancelled and the absurd American Idol is heaped on us 3 times a week then something's got to be done. D, stop the insanity. Use your powers for something good, man!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dolf said...

As an ex-musician of sorts, I openly admit that I would prefer a career in music to the normal 9-5... But who wouldn't!

Don't worry, it all ends next week. The Dolf Zone can then focus on other non-American Idol related issues.

Is this The Wrecking Machine? Or a Friend, co-worker, family member or stranger?

Out,
D

Anonymous said...

Just think "Florida"...

Dolf said...

I didn't expect my dear cousin to use such salty language!

MattyP said...

Who let Cort on the internet?

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I'd see you again. I was browsing and came across the name and knew it had to be you. Who's Cort?