Thursday, May 18, 2006

American Idol 5/17 Recap

As I predicted, Elliot went down in flames last night. Am I happy? No... I would have much preferred to see a Taylor versus Elliot finale. However, at least I now have someone to cheer against next week! Although I wouldn't mind seeing her in the adult entertainment industry, I have never been a fan of Katherine's vocal stylings. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. It's that elusive "X factor" thingy at work. In my opinion, she ain't got it.

In regards to Elliot, I was glad to see a non-pretty boy get so far in the competition. Maybe America is not as shallow and superficial as I thought it was. In the beginning, I am sure many people would have predicted that Ace (vocally limited, but genetically blessed) would have gotten much further than the rather plain Elliot.

The American Idol web site contains a very good video section. Some of the best performances are featured there in addition to a virtual junk yard of less interesting interviews and clips. Check it out.

2 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

<trying to make points but not really getting anywhere>

Two weeks ago, I thought it would come down to Taylor vs Chris, so we could have 2 guys in the final for a repeat of Season 2. Then Chris got booted, so I was predicting Elliot and Taylor.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is no pattern that has emerged yet for American Idol.

Quite frankly, I've thought Katherine was the most talented of the bunch since the auditions. She hasn't always shown it, but that's hard to do when you get your song choices narrowed down a bit.

I always liked Taylor, but never thought he'd make it this far. Something about his seizure laden performances make up for his mostly sub-par vocal talent. It could be the gray hair, as well, as chicks seem to get dreamy about the oddest characteristics in men.

If Taylor could perfect that tilt-head-down-then-look-up-slowly-before-speaking action patented by George Clooney, he could probably get a gig in Hollywood.

</trying to make points but not really getting anywhere>

Dolf said...

WM, Nice American Dad reference! Later, D