Monday, June 12, 2006

Mosquitotone | What The Hell Will They Think of Next?

A cellphone ring that only kids can hear? What kind of voodoo are you talking about? At first I thought this was a joke... But it is indeed true. Mosquitotone is a ring tone designed to be heard only by teens (and younger). It is great for taking calls in class, movie theaters, and other "no cell phones allowed" areas. Ironically, Mosquitotone was derived from technology that was meant to annoy kids. Read the full article at the NY Times...

Listen to Mosquitotone in mp3 format (if you can!)

Leave a comment and let me know if you heard the tone or not. And no this is not one of those stupid Flash things that scream at you half way through. You will either hear nothing (like me) or an annoying high pitched screech.

9 comments:

Basmanian Devil said...

i can hear it just fine, and i'm almost as old as dolf!!!!!

Dolf said...

I could not hear it. Only a small click midway through...

Dolf said...

P.S. I do not believe you heard it...

Wrecking Machine said...

I could hear it, and let me tell you, it is pretty f-in annoying.

And to respond to your future response: PS, I did, in fact, hear it. I could tell in the audio when it switch on and when it switched off (the sound, that is.)

Dolf said...

Wrecking Machine,

Based on your age, and more importantly your integrity, I believe you.

However, the "basmanian devil" is about 15 years older than you and in very poor health. I am sure he heard nothing...

gw said...

can't hear a damn thing.

MattyP said...

I heard it - my two office mates did as well and wanted to kill me it was so damn annoying.

J-NELLY said...

I heard it!

Is this safe??? It's such a high pitch.

Anonymous said...

My god, what an anoying sound! And you must be absolutely deaf not to hear it. I'm 28 years old, so I'm considered to be an adult, but I can hear it just fine. On the other hand, I can be glad that my hearing is ok!

I hope nobody in my neighbourhood downloads this ringtone... :-(

Kind regards, Joyce (The Netherlands)