Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tenacious D Movie Set For November 17th!

Tenacious D's highly anticipated movie (well, by me at least...) is set for release on November 17th, 2006.

I hope the movie retains the feel of the classic Tenacious D series that aired on HBO. Unfortunately, judging from the trailer, it looks very "Hollywoody" (aka bad!).

This reaffirms my belief that comedy belongs on TV! If you want to laugh, stay at home and watch South Park, Seinfeld, or The Office! Don't bother going to a theater!

Even the Mr. Show crew couldn't pull of a decent major film release! Run Ronnie Run was a big disappointment for me. It came nowhere near the brilliance of its TV brother, Mr. Show. However, in all fairness, I believe David Cross stated that "the suits" had ruined the movie.

Check out the official trailer and more at the Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny web site.