Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Time Warner's Crappy Digital Cable Boxes

Worst. Cable Box. Ever.

I got back from a tennis match this evening only to fly into a TV-related rage. Thanks to Time Warner's crappy digital cable box and it's inexplicable inability to turn itself back on after a software update or brief power failure, I missed all of Big Brother and most of Rock Star. (My Tivo didn't have a signal to record.)

Jesus Christ! Why can't Time Warner's sh*tty cable boxes turn themselves back on? We have the technology! We have the know how! The boxes should be on all of the time by default! There shouldn't even be an "off" button! Time Warner's digital cable boxes are total crap!

Dolf's Grade: F

5 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

The answer from TW:

We can rebuild it. We have the technology. But we don't want to spend a lot of money.

Kaiser Soze said...

Dolf... it's the beginning of August, the heat and humidity are subsiding, only two weeks left before the kids go back to school, and I have some advice to help you deal with your TV-related rage.... GO OUTSIDE!

J-NELLY said...

I'm sorry Big D!!!!!

JD said...

The same thing often happens to me. TW updates the boxes frequently and it powers the boxes down in the process. If you have a Tivo set to record something you are SOL unless you happen to catch it.

Once satellite gets a little more reliable, I will be dropping Time Warner like a bad habit...

Dolf said...

kaiser, if you paid closer attention to my writings you would know that I was returning from a tennis match which was conducted (you guessed it...) OUTSIDE!!!

it was 10pm when i got back home. i'm not going outside at 10pm. i could get jacked with a pillowcase full of batteries...