Thursday, September 28, 2006

Buy Dolf This Or Else!
















Sony 70" SXRD Rear Projection Television KDS-R70XBR2

Dear Dolf Zone readers, I have entertained you for almost an entire year. For free, no less! Now it's time for you to do something for me! If you love me, you will by me this TV! If you do not comply within a month, I will pull the plug on the Dolf Zone! Don't test my resolve...

Anyway... I saw this TV yesterday at the Sony Store in Kenwood and I nearly cried at its beauty, grandeur, and elegance. The KDS-R70 was hooked up to a Blu-ray DVD player that was pushing out a true 1080p picture on to its amazing 70" screen. The picture was better than life! Unbelievable... Check out the specs at the Sony Store online...

6 comments:

GW said...

If you agree to stop the incessant LinkedIn emails, I'll kick in the first 5 bucks.

glibber said...

i've seen the TV too and it is amazing. unlike the earlier SXRD which *upconverted* 1080i to 1080p, this set is true 1080p. it will accpet 1080p sources like a Blu-ray player or a Play Station 3.

Dolf said...

i believe that there is a 60" version of this TV that is roughly half the price. i saw the 60" advertised at Best Buy and Circuit City for $3499.

i am assuming the 60" model has been updated to accept true 1080p inputs.

Dolf said...

Actually there are also 50" and 55" SXRDs...

At an HH Gregg in Cincy,
50" is $2499, 55" is $2999, 60" is $3499 and 70" is $6999.

Anonymous said...

I have the 70" and LOVE IT. The picture is very good at 1080P and the scaler in the unit makes standard def better than my old TV. Sony does make great TV's and this is why I'm glad you "get what you pay for" in America. I got it.

Dolf said...

Where did you get the 70" and how much???

I have heard the price is starting to fall quite a bit - especially online.

Glad to hear that the SD upconversion is good. That's always been a typical HD problem.