Friday, November 03, 2006

I Guess We Are Hillbillies...

First, WOXY went off the air a couple years ago. Today I learned that WAQZ (97.3) is turning COUNTRY! This means that Cincinnati once again has no alternative music stations! Do we need more country music! This really pisses me off. Corporate radio does indeed suck... This also likely means no more Rover in the morning. I guess Cincinnati is just a bunch of hillbillies after all.

[Side note] I know Cincinnati isn't New York, L.A. or Paris, but I thought it was a relatively metropolitan area. Kenwood Towne Center? Rookwood Pavilion? At least two museums and a world class zoo! C'mon! But it has hit me over the last few years that those in Hollywood view Cincinnati as a kissin' cousin to Alabama, Arkansas, and other stereotypically backwards burbs. Say it ain't so...

The Daily Show
just spent the entire week in Columbus, OH. One very funny bit showed reporters posted in several different cities throughout Ohio, including Cincinnati. Conspicuously displayed behind each and every correspondent was an Applebees restaurant! Later a Bob Evans was also revealed. Ha ha!

What do you think of Cincinnati? Let me know... I'm out.

7 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

Someone better pick up Rover. For the love of God!!!!

Dolf said...

I knew that would upset you. And I think their web streaming currently sucks or is non-existent. I think some site is carrying the show - probably illegally. www.TheStreamCenter.com

Wrecking Machine said...

Yes, the stream out of St Louis sucks the balls. It used to work fine; the budget must have run out...

Anonymous said...

Listen to Woxy online @ www.woxy.com, OR listen to Shiv's personal station on lala.com: http://www.lala.com/frontend/action/whodadj?userToken=25763@11758&stationId=25763R18. This is the beauty of the internet...

Dolf said...

I know that WOXY is back online and that there are probably a ton of great alternative stations on the Internet... My point is that it sucks that I can no longer receive a decent station in my city while driving to and from work. That is what's really grinding my gears! ;)

Anonymous said...

I understand. I live in California, and even out here all the good stations are being replaced with stations that play pure crap all day long. I blame Clear Channel, evil bastards!

jackD said...

Dolf-

You who claim to be the guru of gadgets...no XM or Sirius?? What you gonna do when the 8 track goes belly up?

Kick down a few pennies and invest in sirius or XM. alot of laffs...great music...spin by the C&W...you'll soon forget about grover.

late-