Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dolf Zone Pick / 30 Rock

Yeah I know I am late to the party on this one... But, it's tough to add new shows into "The Lineup". With a full time job, a wife, and a son, there are only so many shows I can watch in a week!

Thanks to MattyP and my sister, I decided to give 30 Rock a try. I am very glad that I did.

The show produced several laugh out loud moments for me. If you loved Arrested Development, then you are going to really like 30 Rock.

30 Rock
has a similar look and feel and shares similar gags and plot devices. The hilarious guest star stint of Paul Reubens (aka Pee-Wee Herman) as an inbred foreign prince had a decidedly AD feel to it. The 30 Rock ensemble cast is very solid and already has great chemistry.

With the addition of 30 Rock, NBC once again has an incredible block of comedy on Thursday nights. Anyone who reads the DZ, already knows that I am a huge fan of Scrubs and The Office. Watch the block tonight!

3 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

Your comparision of 30 Rock to Arrested Development hit the nail on the head: mostly unfunny with absolutely no laugh-out-loud moments, but critically acclaimed all around.

Seriously, I never understood why people liked Arrested Development.

Will Arnett-Basler said...

I laughed out loud repeatedly when I watched Arrested Development. I consider it one of the best comedies ever produced.

Dolf said...

Machine, you insane... Rent the DVDs and start from the beginning.

You probably just saw a few minutes of the show out of context, thought it was stupid, and didn't give it a chance.

Basler, for a change, is correct. AD is one of the best comedies EVER!