Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dolf Zone Pick / Amazon Unbox for Tivo














Finally a Tivo partnership that has resulted in something amazingly cool! "Amazon Unbox on Tivo" allows you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows and have them directly downloaded to your networked Tivo.

If you sign up now, you will recieve $15 in free rentals or purchases.

I chose to rent Mike Judge's Idiocracy. When I got home from work, the movie was waiting in my "Now Playing" list. Blockbuster Video, your days are numbered...

Very, very cool! Check it out!

3 comments:

gw said...

I saw this as well. My only disappointment is the movie selection for rental. A lot of movies are only available to buy(Departed), and many movies aren't listed at all. So, while I was initially giddy at the idea, I've cooled down a little. I did download 2 for this weekend (15 bucks to spend!)

In order for it to fully wipe away Blockbuster for us, the movie selection must increase.

Dolf said...

GW, I am sure the selection is going to expand very quickly. It just officially opened yesterday. Remember, once you start the play button, you have 24 hours to watch it! --D

MattyP said...

Very cool, but is Amazon offering movies in HD?