Friday, April 20, 2007

Watch 30 Rock!

30 Rock has really been hitting its stride lately. The last few episodes have delivered multiple laugh-out-loud moments for me. The scene featuring Rockefeller Center engulfed by a massive fireworks "extravaganza" is one of the most brilliant bits of uncomfortable comedy ever! I was on the floor laughing, although I felt bad about it...

My earlier comparison to Arrested Development was only made more valid by Will Arnett's hilarious guest appearance a couple weeks ago. (See my 30 Rock review from February 14th below. )

NBC once again has the best block of comedy on TV with The Office, 30 Rock, and Scrubs. Please start watching these shows! As with many great comedies (think Arrested Development once again), the ratings for these shows are on the low side...


Dolf Zone Pick / 30 Rock (February 14th, 2007)

Yeah I know I am late to the party on this one... But, it's tough to add new shows into "The Lineup". With a full time job, a wife, and a son, there are only so many shows I can watch in a week!

Thanks to MattyP and my sister, I decided to give 30 Rock a try. I am very glad that I did.

The show produced several laugh out loud moments for me. If you loved Arrested Development, then you are going to really like 30 Rock.

30 Rock
has a similar look and feel and shares similar gags and plot devices. The hilarious guest star stint of Paul Reubens (aka Pee-Wee Herman) as an inbred foreign prince had a decidedly AD feel to it. The 30 Rock ensemble cast is very solid and already has great chemistry.

With the addition of 30 Rock, NBC once again has an incredible block of comedy on Thursday nights. Anyone who reads the DZ, already knows that I am a huge fan of Scrubs and The Office. Watch the block tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you fucking xerox

GW said...

I'm a big AD fan, so I'm tempted to give it a try... But, I can't stand Baldwin. I'll have to think it about it some more...