Tuesday, June 26, 2007

AOL is Garbage!

Due to the nature of my job and philanthropic involvement, I send out quite a bit of email. All of it important! And none of it unsolicited! Yet according to the morons at AOL, I am a spammer. A dirty, filthy spammer...

The steps involved to prove I am not one would take me half a year to complete. So screw you AOL and your Nazi email system! I never despised you (like all of the computer nerds and elitists do) until now. I will create an "AOL email addresses not accepted!" at all of the sites I maintain. And I will make sure to tell everyone I know NOT to sign up for your crappy service.

To all of the people who still use AOL (which luckily is an ever dwindling number), you are probably not receiving quite a bit of important email. Do yourself a favor and switch to a real Internet provider.

4 comments:

Andrea Dworkin-Basler said...

AOL blocks the order confirmation emails from our site. Pisses me off. You mention some way of applying to get through their filters--where do I get more info?

guh-bard said...

Dolf... I can't imagine that anyone still using AOL would be qualified to be recruited... what's the problem ?

Dolf said...

The page I was looking at was this one which may not apply to you. But look at the links to the left. You will find info on their stupid email system there...

Dolf said...

Good point, Guh-bard! Maybe you could create an application that automatically deletes all candidates with an AOL email address?