Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dolf Zone Pick / HD DVD


The HD DVD vs. Blu-ray war is over! The Dolf Zone has thrown its support behind Toshiba's HD DVD format. Go out and buy an HD DVD player today! There are great deals all over. On Amazon you can pick up a Toshiba HD-A3 (the same unit I own) for just $179 with 7 free movies.

The total number of standalone HD DVD players just hit the 750,000 mark. It is certainly possible that the number will hit 1 million by the end of the holidays. At that point, it will be extremely difficult for any Blu-ray studio hold outs (even Sony) to not make their movies available on HD DVD as well. It's just a matter of time...

6 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

Dear entire world,

The HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray war is over simply because Dolf declared it so. Make note of it and tremble.

Kaz Hirai-Basler said...

Aren't there more Blu-Ray players out there, once you include the PS3? I don't think Sony is likely to give in soon. And let's not forget that even a million HD-DVD players is nothing compared to the number of regular DVD players. High-def video disks aren't quite ready for prime time yet.

Dolf said...

Machine,

Thank you for the nice words. Obviously you realize the import and gravitas of Dolf Zone proclamations such as this...

Basler, how DARE you question me? You embarrass yourself with your ceaseless moronic statements. Do you realize how stupid and ignorant you really are? If we were living in Spartan times I would thrust a spear through your doughy frame! Now get off of my plane!

Jordin Sparks-Basler said...

I think the growth of media center PCs and downloadable content also impacts the adoption of high-def disks. As for the validity of your predictions: think back to the last season of American Idol...

GW said...

So, I finally opened up my A3 last night to get ready to use it this weekend. Not a single HDMI or component cable in there! That's unbelievable. Not even an s video and composite cables. I know the box was inexpensive, but jeez. That's pretty weak.

I'm afraid I'm going to regret this purchase already.

GuessWho? said...

To quote the knight in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"

"You have chosen poorly"

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm?postversion=2008021511

I don't think that WalMart knows that the Dolf has chosen, shoudl I call them and let them know???