Wednesday, November 14, 2007

TV Musings...

I should be happy right now considering we are in the middle of November sweeps, but several things are weighing heavily on my mind. Most importantly, the writer's strike shows no signs of ending. This means that in January there could be a drought! I'm not talking about rain but something much more important... A drought of TV programming!

Another thing that is bugging me (I didn't mean to bug ya) is America's taste in TV. The current number one show in America is... Dancing with the Stars!??? C'mon!

4 comments:

brett t said...

Why bother paying writers when the real money is in crap like Dancing with the Stars and American Idol? (Sorry, I know you're an Idol fan.) At least The Wire returns in January, and its production has already wrapped. Maybe now The Wire will get the audience it deserves when there are literally no other alternatives.

It's time for you to invest in a 360. 2008 looks to be one of the best years for gaming ever, whereas it will likely be one of the worst for TV if the strike continues.

Dolf said...

Bdog. I am preparing for the strike! I just procured a brand new Wii and a Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player.

The 360 is next on my list. I have been waiting for the cooler running Falcon chip to come out. MS does not seem to be in a hurry to get it out? Not sure why...

Shane said...

They're not in a big hurry to get out the Falcon because they still have a bunch of the old chips and they've made changes to the heat sink to prevent those chips from causing the Red Rings of Death. The Falcon chip will help MS reduce costs, and it will create less heat, but MS believes that the defect associated with the old chips is gone. They've already lost a ton from that defect. I don't think they'd continue using the old chip unless they really believe they've fixed the defect. If they're correct, then the only difference for the customer, when it comes to Falcon or non-Falcon, is electricity usage.

Shane Kim Basler said...

the shane remark was me, but i must have hit the enter button accidentally before typing my glorious last name. that's what she said!