Monday, January 14, 2008

Toshiba & HD DVD Not Going Down Without A Fight

Of course Toshiba probably should have done this during the Holiday shopping season! It's a viable strategy as long as they can continue producing units without bankrupting the company. If Toshiba (and Microsoft) can get another million units out the door some of the Blu-ray exclusive studios may change their minds. The consumer will ultimately decide this battle not the studios.

Toshiba on Monday slashed the suggested retail price of its cheapest player, the HD-A3, from $299.99 to $149.99. The price for the HD-A30 was also halved, from $399.99 to $199.99, while the price on the high-end HD-A35 went from $499.99 to $299.99. Full Article....

3 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

I must say, Dolf, that I'm a little disappointed in you.

TV has been reruns for so long, and you're supposedly an aspiring musician, but I haven't heard that you've been playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band yet. Seriously, dude. You need to be doing more productive stuff (playing either of the above-mentioned games) and get over this whole HD-DVD/Blu-Ray crap.

Dolf said...

I must say that I think you are right!

I don't know why I care so much! I don't have Toshiba stock. And I have decided to keep my HD DVD player (and the 10 free movies I got with it) so the point is moot!

I just bought a 360 over the weekend. So now I own two out of the three major consoles. I should just play some games and shut up, shouldn't I?

Dolf said...

Top of the Muffin, To You!