Monday, September 15, 2008

God Bless Portable TVs... and America... And What's Up With The NFL?

Nothing puts me in a worse mood than a power outage and this weekend I have had two! One inexplicable outage on Friday night at 9:00pm right as I was getting ready to sit down and relax with a few hours of Tivo and then the biggie on Sunday.

What saved me was my sweet li'l battery powered portable TV. It's a shame that the little guy will be rendered useless (along with millions of others) in February when the DTV switch finally happens. (Read CNET's "Don't buy a portable TV this year" for more details. )

I also found it *very* interesting that there was virtually *no* local news interruptions during the Bengals game. Are the local networks *strongly* discouraged by the NFL from breaking in during games? Even if it's to report hurricane force winds in Cincinnati? If anyone out there knows about such policies I would love to hear about it.

No comments: