Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Vista is Awful...

Vista is indeed as awful as I had anticipated!

By the time I have a working laptop I am quite confident that Vista will have taken one year off of my life. I hate Vista so much I can't even begin to describe it. However I am a glutton for punishment. Before I resort to scrapping everything and upgrading to Windows XP Pro, I am going to see how truly agonizing it is to get this steaming pile of crap to work properly.

Here are some of the highlights:

* My Windows Mobile 6 phone (a Samsung SCH-i760) refuses to sync with Vista!

* Vista takes forever to shut down and often just freezes.

* Outlook 2007 crashes daily!

* Vista Home Premium (one of 90 versions of Vista) can not join a domain. Thus it is unusable at work. I had to upgrade my computer to Vista Ultimate before I could even begin! "But I thought it was Premium?" you might be asking. Not premium enough I guess...

1 comment:

guh-bard said...

Dolf,

I have a fix for Vista incompatibilities that works well. Click here to see what I did.