Wednesday, November 05, 2008

President Bush Prepares Bailout for Oil Companies

In what will most likely be his last major act, President Bush announced a bailout plan for the major oil companies in the face of falling oil and gasoline prices.

"It's just the right thing to do and the right time to do it," Bush commented.

He continued, "If we don't do something now corporations like Exxon risk achieving profits in the billions and not the tens of billions that they have enjoyed in 9 out of the last 12 fiscal quarters."

Personally I have to agree with President Bush on this one. My heart sank when I saw gas prices in Cincinnati plummet all the way down to $1.88/gallon.

Something has to be done soon to get gas prices back up. And I am glad to see President Bush is doing what he can to make this happen as his term comes to an end.

5 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

That's pretty funny. From where did you steal it?

Dolf said...

That's a Dolf original... 100%... Same as Father & Son Catch for the Nintendo Wii. C'mon! You've seen Dolf Trivia. You know I have some comedic writin' chops.

Wrecking Machine said...

I actually thought that Father and Son Catch was just lame enough to be an actual Wii game. Have you seen some of the crap that is released for the system that is only popular for the gimmick that is the Wiimote?

Dolf said...

I was hoping to bait someone into telling me to get off my ass and get outside! That's why I put the release date as Summer 09.

There are definitely some gimmicky games of questionable quality but give Nintendo credit, the Wiimote won them this generation's console war. Most people though Sony would continue to dominate.

The Return of Basler said...

The point I would like to make is that no one talks about propping up the oil companies when gas prices dive, but they sure love to blame the oil companies when they make a profit.