Monday, January 12, 2009

Five Year Anniversary...

On January 5th I celebrated a monumental anniversary. No not a wedding anniversary... It's something even tougher than that. I have officially gone five years without smoking a cigarette. It's been one of the toughest things I have ever done. Even after five years I still have cravings. [I smoked for 15 years and dipped for 2. At the time I quit I was smoking more than 2 packs a day.]

Non-smokers have no idea how tough it is to be hooked. I explain it to them as such: If I am hungry and it is 1am and its pouring down rain and miserable outside, I will say to myself, "Just wait until tomorrow you fat bastard!" But if I run out of cigarettes and it is 1am and its pouring down rain and miserable outside, I will walk out the door without hesitation and get cigarettes no matter how far I have to drive. Thus, the urge to smoke is as powerful (even more powerful) than one's own natural instincts. It is like having a completely new instinct to deal with! Not fun...

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you wish to send me gifts, gift cards, and/or money to celebrate this joyous occasion.

4 comments:

Wrecking Machine said...

Do you accept Camel Cash?

MattyP said...

Congrats! 5 Years is an impressive accomplishment.

Now get back to writing something interesting. I'm bored.

jdiddy said...

Congratulations D!!!!!

Dolf said...

Thanks guys for all of the support... ;)

And yes, I do accept Camel Cash but I sure as hell don't accept "Clove Cash"...