Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Dolf Album / Track 9 / Happy Day

"Happy Day" is track 9 from The Dolf Album. A little dark humor, some social commentary, a bit of existential musing, a whole lot of God, and a delicious hamburger... "Happy Day" was inspired by the spate of deadly shootings that occurred at McDonald's restaurants in the 90's. Can you imagine dying at a McDonald's???

This song contains one of my favorite lines from The Dolf Album, "My body goes limp and my tray falls down / My burger and my blood are all over the ground. Hey. Hey. "

Download "Happy Day" (Mp3 format with embedded album art and lyrics) For those that suck at the Internet, right click the link and chose "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." depending upon which browser you use.
"Happy Day"
Words and Music by Dolf Muccillo
Copyright 2009

I deserve a break
So I think I’m going out for lunch today

Hey, hey, what a happy day…

A burger and fries and a hot apple pie
Cashier smiles at me there’s a gleam in her eye

Hey. Hey, what a happy day…

I turn around and to my dismay
Machine gun bullets all over the place

Hey, hey, what a happy day…

My body goes limp and my tray falls down
My burger and my blood are all over the ground

Hey, hey, what a happy day…

Oh you pulled a good one, are you laughing at me?
While you plan more jokes on humanity

Hey, hey, what a happy day…

Oh I feel forsaken for the way I was taken
But I guess you always knew, knew I was fakin’

Hey, hey, what a happy day…

No comments: