Friday, March 13, 2009

The Dolf Album / Track 12 / Moving Backwards

"Moving Backwards" is track 12 from The Dolf Album. Backwards is one of my earlier songs. The Dolf "high voice" is in full effect on this one... Trivia: The chord progression moves backwards as I sing the chorus.

Download "Moving Backwards" (Mp3 format with embedded album art and lyrics) For those that suck at the Internet, right click the link and chose "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." depending upon which browser you use.

"Moving Backwards"
Words and Music by Dolf Muccillo
Copyright 2009

When I met you girl
I thought you’re the one I was looking for
Thought I’d never have to search
For perfect ones anymore
16 months and 18 days and I guess I’ve seen the light
Another bad decision, another time that I’m not right

*And I guess I’m moving backwards
Moving backwards once again
When you’re moving backwards
Moving forwards seems in vain
da da da da da da da da

I thought you were my missing piece
I thought the puzzle’s done
But things have changed, they always do
And I know you’re not the one
The wasted time is not what hurts
I guess we had some fun
It’s just lost hope, you’re my lost dream
A new search has begun

*chorus

Oh, perfect one
Oh, my perfect one
Oh, perfect one
Oh, there is no perfect one

*chorus

No comments: