Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Dolf Album / Track 20 / Like A Memory

A nice little gloom and doom number... No doubt inspired by listening to thousands of hours of The Smiths, The Cure, and other mope rock favorites! "Like a Memory" is track 20 off of The Dolf Album. Favorite line: "Will she shed a tear when that line goes so straight? / Or is there no one there except those in white getting paid to wait..."

Download "Like a Memory" (Mp3 format with embedded album art and lyrics)

"Like a Memory"
Words and Music by Dolf Muccillo
Copyright 2009


When the clock reaches my final hour
Will I be happy, sad, content, bitter or sour?
Will I look with joy at all the things I’ve done?
Or will I lay my head in my hands and let the time run

*It already seems like a memory
It already seems just like a memory
I’m so out of tune can’t make a harmony
It already seems like a memory

And when the clock reaches my final minute
Will there be someone in my life or no one in it?
Will she shed a tear when that line goes so straight?
Or is there no one there except those in white,
Getting paid to wait?

* chorus

Just watching time drift by
Just watching time drip by
Just watching time slip by
Just watching you go by

No comments: