Friday, June 05, 2009

Run, Don't Walk To Vista & Office SP2!

If you are a fan of the Dolf Zone (and why wouldn't you be?) you know I have been complaining about Vista and Office 2007 for months!

One of my main agitations is the interminable wait for Outlook 2007 to launch, connect to my Exchange server, and load my messages. Sometimes it took 7 or 8 minutes! This kind of dreadul performance was completely unacceptable to me. I actually stopped turning off my computer at night because I didn't want to sit through this agonizing process every day...

However it finally appears as though this nagging problem has been resolved! I downloaded SP2 for both Vista and Office 2007 and now I can launch Outlook, connect to Exchange, and access my email in under one minute! Thank you Jesus! I am just praying SP2 doesn't break anything. So far, so good...

SP2 for Office automatically showed up in my automatic updates. However, I had to manually download SP2 for Vista. Below are direct links for both...

Download SP2 for Office 2007 | Download SP2 for Vista

No comments: