Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another Two Bite The Dust...

[10/01/2009] Update - My faith in #Toyota has been restored! Back in my good graces and back on the Dolf Zone's recommended list. Thanks to @Toyota and Leona! The power of good customer service and standing behind your product can never be underestimated! [/ 10/01/2009]

Breaking News...

Effective immediately both Toyota (Automobiles) and HP (Printers) are removed from the highly respected "Dolf's Top Brands" list.

They join Dell Computer as once proud brands that used to be synonymous with quality, reliability and good customer service. Unfortunately today, that couldn't be further from the truth.

HP printers used to last for years! Today you are lucky if they last 12 months.

After 3 years the power locks in my supposedly ultra-reliable Camry XLE go bad??? The primary reason that I bought a Toyota was to *avoid* these nagging failures. I have owned THREE Toyota's in a row. I have evangelized Toyota. No more... I will do everything I can to deter people from buying the brand. I will be the ultimate anti-Toyota-evangelist.

I plan on detailing both issues in great detail here on the Dolf Zone, on Twitter, and via YouTube.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

why ?

Dolf said...

Toyota is on the list because my power door locks have failed after only 3 1/2 years. The main reason I bought a Toyota was to avoid these kind of annoying problems! In addition their customer service has been terrible. I am planning a full out assault.

As for HP, I keep giving them chance after chance and every printer I buy from them fails to last more than 1 1/2 years. Today I officially gave up on them and bought a Canon.

In addition, their software is terrible. It should be considered malware. 100MB for a printer driver???? There is so much junk included it's nauseating. Even if you elect not to get the "full" download.

Robert said...

I had the same problem with HP. Unfortunately for you Canon is no better. Should've bought Epson.

Dolf said...

Robert, Some of the recent reliability reports I have read said Canon is doing very well... We have a Canon in our office that gets a ton of use and has held up very well. Of course, with the "Junkification of Everything" that seems to be occurring I don't really have high hopes for *any* product.

Wrecking Machine said...

Should have bought a Honda.