Friday, October 07, 2011

The Simpsons


Max is not happy about "The Simpsons" possibly ending its run this year... As much as I love the show, I think it might be the right time to wrap things up. I watched "The Simpsons" religiously for the first ten years or so but then starting catching fewer and fewer episodes as the show entered its second decade. There are only so many tales to tell... 


"Family Guy" is quickly approaching this territory. It will be interesting to see how long that show will go on. Obviously millions of dollars are on (or off) the table. It's tough to walk away from that kind of money. Right Seth?? 


Now that I look back, I think Seinfeld had it right. Go out on top! Or more precisely, take a dip and end it! 




1 comment:

Wrecking Machine said...

I agree, the Simpsons are about due to be gone. It still makes me laugh from time to time, but it is time to go.

However, I'd say that Family Guy has been at this point for about 2 years now. They very rarely make me laugh anymore. Where previously, the inanity was funny, now it just seems like the writers are trying harder and harder to be completely irrelevant, making it just dull and stupid.

I will say that after the first season, American Dad has emerged from being "Family Guy with a different cast of cartoon characters" to the real gem in Seth McFarlane's arsenal.