Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Toyota Quality? Toyota Safety? I Don't Think So...


I have a little over 100,00 miles on my Toyota Camry XLE and I have had five power door lock failures and one dead alternator (see photo). The sun roof also doesn't close properly. I'm sure there are some other things I'm leaving out, but let's just go with those for now.

The reason I bought a Toyota was not for excitement. I wanted a car that I didn't have to think about. I wanted a car that wouldn't hit me with a deluge of nagging repairs, things like malfunctioning power door locks and windows.

I found out the hard way that Toyota is NOT that car. 

I have had several cars and Toyota is by far the least reliable and most trouble-prone car I have owned. 

If you think Toyota means quality, reliability, and safety, then think again. 

To quote the great Kanye West, "Do anybody make real shit anymore?" Well Kanye, maybe there are a few companies that do, but I know Toyota certainly doesn't!

I will update this post with all of my upcoming adventures. I'm sure there is plenty of excitement to come. 



1 comment:

Joe DiFalco said...

Dolf,
Sorry to hear about all of your troubles with Toyota - I have the exact opposite experience. I am on my 10th Toyota - 2 brand new and the rest bought used. The all have had the same total reliability. You might just have gotten a bad one.

FYI, I found your blog through your LinkedIn profile - I am an IT professional looking for a new opportunity and ran across the Agile Coach/Scrum Master posting. Please take a look at my profile and feel free to reach out if you see a potential fit.
www.linkedin.com/in/joedifalco

Regards, Joe