Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Spotify UI Redesign for Mobile

With Apple Music on the horizon, Spotify should do everything it can to hold on to its customers. If they want to hold on to me, they are going to need a complete UI overhaul! I use Spotify all of the time including in my car. Two of the things I do most often include searching and playing songs from my playlists. It seems with each release, Spotify is making those things harder to do by requiring click after click. Sometimes I need to click 4 or 5 times to get where I need to be. This is bad UX. My Spotify redesign resolves these problems. Search is persistent and will always be present. All main actions are one touch away on a static menu across the bottom. I would allow the menu to be customized, letting the user decide which items are most important. This design was created in Proto.io which is a great tool to create mockups.
 

No comments: