To recap the dark history of April 15:
- Beloved President Abraham Lincoln died after being shot at Ford’s Theater by John Wilkes Booth in 1865.
- The RMS Titanic sank in the North Atlantic taking over 1,500 souls with it to the bottom of the ocean in 1912.
- Tax Day in the United States.
- Boston Marathon Bombing in 2013.
- Palm Sunday Massacre in New York in 1984.
- McDonald’s became a corporation in 1955.
- The MV Sewol sank in South Korea (aka “South Korean Ferry Disaster”) taking nearly 300 lives, most of them young students in 2014.
- The Hillsborough Disaster was a human crush that caused the deaths of 96 people and injured 766 others at a soccer match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest in 1989.